Assistance for Students with Disabilities

The University of the South is committed to fostering respect for the diversity of the University community and the individual rights of each member of that community. In this spirit, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the University seeks to provide students with disabilities with the reasonable accommodations needed to ensure equal access to the programs and activities of the University.

Students with documented disabilities that require academic adjustments or accommodations should register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). After documenting disabilities with SAS, students are responsible for requesting academic accommodation letters each semester. Students are also responsible for providing copies of academic accommodation letters to their instructors as early as possible each semester. Accommodations will not be provided without this documentation, and accommodations cannot be applied retroactively. Students who have questions about physical accessibility of their classes should inform their instructor(s) and SAS to ensure accessible, safe, and effective educational environments.

Additional information about accommodations and Student Accessibility Services can be found at the SAS website.

The School of Theology provides access to limited-time professional counseling services for students and their family members seeking assistance with various concerns—academic, social, emotional, or interpersonal. Discussions between students or family members and their health or service providers are confidential and information cannot be disclosed except in rare situations as required by law, or at the student’s request. This includes not disclosing health information to University officials or dioceses. Inquiries should be directed to the office for community life, located in Hamilton Hall, (931) 598-1655.