Immunization and Health Insurance
All students of the seminary are required to provide proof of immunizations prior to enrollment in classes. Following is the list of required immunizations:
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) - 2 doses, or documented history of the measles, mumps or rubella
- Hepatitis B series (3 dose series)
- Varicella vaccine - 2 doses, or documented history of chickenpox
- Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis), in the last 10 years
- Tuberculin Skin Test (within 6 months), or QuantiFERON®-TB Gold test
If you have any questions, please direct them to University Health Services at (931) 598-1270. Records must be received no later than July 15 for incoming students.
Records may be sent by fax to (931) 598-1746 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies may be mailed to:
University Health Services
University Wellness Center
The University of the South
Sewanee, TN 37383
The University Health Services can provide travel vaccines to students who may travel out of the country.
The student must provide a copy of his or her health insurance card to the coordinator of academic affairs at registration.